Friday, November 14, 2008

prayers of loving kindness

I just returned from a week in L.A. I flew out with my younger sister to spend the weekend with my parents, my brother, his wife and their two kids. The weekend turned into a week after my mom had a medical crisis and was hospitalized. I was relieved to be in a position where extending my stay was both easy and the right thing for me to do.

I had many opportunities to practice devotion and service. I also had many opportunities to receive care from those around me. There were times during the week when I felt worried, stressed, impatient and tired. There were other times when I felt trusting, calm, relaxed and content. There were many times when I turned to my "off the mat" practice of yoga to sustain me so that I could support others. And there were times when I breathed into letting others support me.

In my previous post, I wrote about feeling less than my best yoga self as time moved me away from my Kripalu YTT experience. This week brought me right back--grateful for the opportunity to be in L.A. when I was needed. My mom came home from the hospital yesterday, and I came back to Michigan. This post is a prayer of loving kindness: May you all be happy, may you all be healthy, may you all be free from suffering.

No comments: