Wednesday, November 5, 2008

hope & progress

Late last night, looking at the faces of people waiting at Grant Park in Chicago for Obama to arrive, I felt, for the first time in many years, excited and happy for our united states. The diversity of the crowd was striking and gratifying. Our new president elect represents a powerful future for our nation and for our planet. It's been a long and painful 8 years, and I am deeply satisfied to celebrate the change we have created by believing in the power of hope and progress. During Obama's acceptance speech, he said, "While we breathe, we have hope". I wholeheartedly agree. Inhale into a deep, cleansing breath, and exhale into hope and joy.

2 comments:

lauren said...

Weird. I just posted the SAME image on my blog! I posted then came to your blog and looky there! I am so proud of this country for the first time, in like, ever!

Maureen Crawford said...

Congratulations to America! There are a lot of Canadians feeling much more comfortable and hopeful about the world since Nov. 4th.