Friday, April 3, 2009

ok to go

Nearly a year ago my daughter and I began to make plans for a trip to Paris. We turned in our hundred thousand frequent flyer miles, booked an apartment from Craigslist Paris, and then moved into wait-for-April-in-Paris mode.

A lot can happen in a year.

In addition to the economy tanking, and my job suddenly vulnerable to County budget cuts, my daughter had an emergency appendectomy last week (previous post), and my mom has been struggling with health issues. I've been struggling daily with the yes or no of our trip.

Today, it looks like our Paris trip is on. We leave tomorrow night, and return Saturday next. For now, it's ok to go.

Suddenly, now that the adventure seems possible, I'm very excited! A week in Paris in April. Coffee and croissant in the morning, chocolate pastries twice a day, cafes and parks and museums and afternoons wandering around the Marais with no other plans but to enjoy each moment. Evenings watching the street lights come on around the neighborhood, boat rides on the Seine, red wine in a cozy bistro. And some daily sadhana to balance out the lovely richness of Parisian meals.

Have a wonderful, spring-y week, where ever you are. Hugs and Jai!

No comments: