Tuesday, February 24, 2009

spring is coming

I was browsing through my favorite local photographer, Myra Klarman's blog and found a photo of my husband Jeff and me that I just love, love, love to pieces. The photo represents to me something essential and deeply valuable about our marriage. We are standing near enough to each other to be held in the same photo, but enough apart from each other for us each to have our very own experience of that moment.

It is, to me, a lovely photographic capture of how we move through our life together-- close enough to nourish and sustain us together as a couple, yet separate enough to have our own opportunities to experience life in our own individual ways. I'm feeling especially lucky these days to be married to a man who supports my endeavors, reassures me when I am feeling lost, gives me space to be fully who I am, and believes in my abilities and creativity.

Seeing Myra's photo this morning took me instantly back to a sun warmed, early April day last year at the annual Festifools extravaganza in downtown Ann Arbor where locals make fabulous, inventive, irreverent and sometimes political costumes to parade up and down Main Street for several hours. What a wonderful rite of spring for our community! Check out their website and join in the fun.


4 comments:

lauren said...

Such a great post Lisa, I love how you can see how that photo parallels your relationship, you guys rule!

Myra Klarman said...

Beautiful post! I feel very honored that I took a photo of you and Jeff that you love so much.

-Myra

lauren said...

Hey Leesuh! I tagged you, visit my blog to see what the fuss is about!
http://deargolden.blogspot.com/2009/02/t-to-a-to-g.html

Anonymous said...

As a professor of psychiatry at New York Medical College who studies the effects of yoga on posttraumatic stress, Patricia Gerbarg seized the opportunity to test whether it could help tsunami survivors in India. To one group of 60 victims she gave a four-day yoga breathing course.yoga teacher training course Another group of 60 survivors was given the yoga course along with psychological counseling. A third group served as controls.